How Well Do You Understand Systems?
Here is a systems test and key. Before you take the test let’s do a quick review of the basics of systems.
Key concepts to keep in mind about systems:
* a linear system is a mathematical model that involves two or more linear equations
* linear systems model many situations in science and business
* the solution to a linear system is the point where the graph of the two lines intersect
* systems can have a solution, no solution or many(infinite) solutions
* the substitution and linear combination/elimination method are the most common way we solve systems
* linear programming is method to optimize (find the maximum or minimum) of a function that can be defined by various constraints
* the solution of a linear inequality is an over lapping region on the x/y plane called the “solution region”
* we can solve word problems that contain two variables with systems
Check Your Solutions