Here is an example of how to solve a system using the substitution method. Remember to read the lesson on this topic.
Basic steps to follow:
1. First understand that the solution to a system is the (x, y) point where the lines that make up the system intersect
2. Solve for one of the variables in one of the equations of the system
3. Substitute the results from step 2 into the other equation; this will result in a one variable equation that you can solve.
4. Use the solution from step 3 to solve for the other variable
Important habits to master math:
1. write out all steps
2. be very neat
3. use pencil not pen
4. review your work as your go
5. make sure you know the basics like fractions, positive and negative numbers and order of operations