This section has the following videos:
- Lesson Video
- Example Set A Practice Problems (Video Solutions)
- Example Set B Practice Problems (Video Solutions)
- Example Set C Practice Problems (Video Solutions)
- Example Set D Practice Problems (Video Solutions)
- DOWNLOAD the Practice Problem Worksheet Here (the videos below explain the solutions to the problems)
In this lesson I will teach you how to set up and solve a linear system word problem. Of course you need to understand how to solve systems before you take on a system word problems so feel free to review before watching the lesson if you need to. The steps I will teach you in the lesson are the “general” steps to solve a system word problem. Unfortunately there is no exact one procedure you can use to solve every type of system word problem or any word problem at that. However with practice and experience you can become very skilled at word problems- which is a must if you want to do well on standardized tests like the SAT. A few of the things I will stress in the lesson is the importance of modeling your problem by a picture/ sketch and selecting good variables to represent the values in the problem. As with all topics take your time, take good notes and practice is a must if you really want to master the skill.