This section has the following videos:
- Lesson Video
- Example Set A Practice Problems (Video Solutions)
- Example Set B Practice Problems (Video Solutions)
- Example Set C Practice Problems (Video Solutions)
- Example Set D Practice Problems (Video Solutions)
- DOWNLOAD the Practice Problem Worksheet Here (the videos below explain the solutions to the problems)
Scientific notation is a great way to deal with super large or super small numbers. Lets consider the number 8723500000000000 not really a number I want to put in my pocket and walk around with all day (unless of course it’s money) I prefer numbers that much easier to write and deal with like 8.72. Well if you feel like me than you’ll love scientific notation! Scientific notation is centered on rewriting numbers as a power of 10. I show you some basics about scientific notation below but I want to stress that we are really working with powers and exponents. Being able to write a number as a power of 10 does you no good if you don’t know how to work with powers. So, enjoy the details below and of course brush up on properties of powers and exponents if you’re a little confused.