This section has the following videos:
- Lesson Video
- Example Set A Practice Problems (Video Solutions)
- Example Set B Practice Problems (Video Solutions)
- Example Set C Practice Problems (Video Solutions)
- Example Set D Practice Problems (Video Solutions)
- DOWNLOAD the Practice Problem Worksheet Here (the videos below explain the solutions to the problems)
Solving rational equations involves some very important steps and you really need to know what you’re doing to find the solution. The good news is your smart, dedicated and a hard worker so you can do these problems! But lets go over a few details to get you going in the right direction. First you need to know how to find the LCD of the equation- a lot of students mess this up so be careful. Next you need to multiply the entire equation by the LCD to clear all the fractions in the equation- make sure you multiply correctly. Lastly you need to solve the remaining equation and check for extraneous solutions (false answers) so you need to do this step! So yes these rational equations can have many steps but you have what it takes..good luck!