Here is an example of how to use special factoring rules to factor a polynomial. Remember to read the lesson on this topic.
Basic steps to follow:
1. First try to factor out a gcf from the polynomial
2. Next determine what type of special pattern the polynomial has- i.e. “the difference of two squares” or “sum of two cubes” etc.
3. Apply the special factoring rules and then look to see if you can factor the factors- often times you can
Important habits to master math:
1. write out all steps
2. be very neat
3. use pencil not pen
4. review your work as your go
5. make sure you know the basics like fractions, positive and negative numbers and order of operations