This section has the following videos:
- Lesson Video
- Example Set A Practice Problems (Video Solutions)
- Example Set B Practice Problems (Video Solutions)
- Example Set C Practice Problems (Video Solutions)
- Example Set D Practice Problems (Video Solutions)
Listen I would not like math if we did not do anything with numbers. Well fortunately we do things with numbers like add, subtract, multiply and divide. These “things” we do with numbers are called “operations”. Now basic operators like addition and subtraction are not the only operators in math- actually there are many, many operations in advance math and even ones we can create on our own- how cool! Anyways back to the basics. The thing you want to focus on while learning algebra with respect to number operations is key word phrases that go along with the operator. For example the “sum” of 3 and 7 means to use the mathematical operation of addition to add 3 and 7 = the sum would be 10 of course. However there are a few tricky areas with operators especially in division. Make sure to watch the video lesson below for more help and good luck!
concepts to remember about number operations:
1. operations in math are simply the things we can do with numbers like add, subtract, multiply and divide.
2. the “sum” is the result of the addition operation
3. the “difference” is the result of the subtraction operation
4. the “product” is the result of the multiplication operation
5. the “quotient” is the result of the division operation