This section has the following videos:
- Lesson Video
- Example Set A Practice Problems (Video Solutions)
- Example Set B Practice Problems (Video Solutions)
- Example Set C Practice Problems (Video Solutions)
- Example Set D Practice Problems (Video Solutions)
- DOWNLOAD the Practice Problem Worksheet Here (the videos below explain the solutions to the problems)
In this lesson I will teach you about determinants. You will find this lesson similar to that of matrix multiplication in the sense that the procedure to find determinants is easy but also easy to mess up- so be careful! Nevertheless let’s take a quick look at what I will teach in the lesson. First a determinant is nothing more than a number that’s associated with all square matrices. A square matrix is one that has a number of rows equal to the number columns. The value of a determinant comes into play to help us solve all kinds of problems in math to include finding the area of a triangle and solving a system. You will see determinants used a lot in more advance mathematics so it’s critical that you learn to calculate them. Lastly you really need to be neat and structured in your work- it’s so, so easy to make a mistake.