How Well Do You Understand Inequalities?
Here is an inequalities test and key. Before you take the test let’s do a quick review of the basics of inequalities.
Key concepts to keep in mind about inequalities:
* inequalities are mathematical statements with a <, > ≤, ≥ or ≠ symbol
* the solution to an inequality is always a set of points- not just one number
* a common way to represent the solution to an inequality is by graphing on a real number line
* compound inequalities that have the “and” statement will have a solution graph that covers a segment on the real number line
* compound inequalities that have the “or” statement will have a solution graph that has two rays going in opposite directions
* when graphing linear inequalities with two variables the ≤, ≥ will have a straight solid line whereas the <, > will have a straight dashed line
Check Your Solutions