Here is an example of how to write a decimal as a fraction. Remember to read the lesson on this topic.
Basic steps to follow:
1. First determine how many place holders the digits of the decimal cover- tenths, hundredths, thousandths?
2. Write a fraction with the numbers of the decimal as the numerator and the digits covered as the denominator- i.e. 10, 100, 1000, etc
3. Simplify and reduce the fraction
Important habits to master math:
1. write out all steps
2. be very neat
3. use pencil not pen
4. review your work as your go
5. make sure you know the basics like fractions, positive and negative numbers and order of operations