This section has the following videos:
- Lesson Video
- Example Set A Practice Problems (Video Solutions)
- Example Set B Practice Problems (Video Solutions)
- Example Set C Practice Problems (Video Solutions)
- Example Set D Practice Problems (Video Solutions)
- DOWNLOAD the Practice Problem Worksheet Here (the videos below explain the solutions to the problems)
College algebra should be so easy- algebra in one simple step! Not so fast, college math will require a little more work so lets start with the basics of algebra- 1 step equations. The key to solving any equation is that whatever action you take to one side of an equation you must take the same action to the other side as well. Look at the basic equations below and notice that we take one step/one action to solve for the variable. The thing to keep in mind is that you are taking opposite actions another words if you are solving x + 6 =10, focus on the “+ 6” part of the equation and deal with the “plus 6” by “subtracting 6” from both sides. Learn how to solve these basic equations before moving onto more complex algebra problems.