Here is an example of how to use the distance formula. Remember to read the lesson on this topic.
Basic steps to follow:
1. First understand the distance formula finds the “distance” between two points on the x-y plane.
2. Next plug in your (x, y) points into the formula
3. Simplify the expression using the order of operations
Important habits to master math:
1. write out all steps
2. be very neat
3. use pencil not pen
4. review your work as your go
5. make sure you know the basics like fractions, positive and negative numbers and order of operations