Here is an example of how to solve a direct and inverse variation problem. Remember to read the lesson on this topic.
Basic steps to follow:
1. First understand that variation problems are basically equation problems; know the difference between direct and inverse variation
2. Next use the data in the problem to find the constant of variation = k; if you have the value for k then set up the equations y=kx for direct and yx=k for inverse.
3. Use the equation (with the k value) to find the missing value- i.e. you will be solving for x or y
Important habits to master math:
1. write out all steps
2. be very neat
3. use pencil not pen
4. review your work as your go
5. make sure you know the basics like fractions, positive and negative numbers and order of operations