How Well Do You Understand The Basics Of Algebra?
Here is an introduction of algebraic terms and concepts test and key. Before you take the test let’s do a quick review of the basics of algebraic terms and concepts.
Key concepts to keep in mind about algebraic terms and concepts:
* algebra follows the same rules as arithmetic
* a variable is a just a symbol (often a letter like x or y) that represents a number
* the order of operations is the correct sequence of steps we follow to simplify a numeric expression
* PEMDAS is the saying we use to remember the order of operations; from first to last and left to right, P- parenthesis, E- exponents and powers, MD- multiplication and division, AS- addition and subtraction
* verbal expressions can be translated into variable expressions; example “3 times a number” could be represented as “3x”
Check Your Solutions