How Well Do You Understand Rational Expressions and Equations?
Here is a rational expressions and equations test and key. Before you take the test let’s do a quick review of the basics of rational expressions and equations.
Key concepts to keep in mind about rational expressions and equations:
* a rational expression is fraction such that the numerator and denominator contains variables
* a rational equation is a fractional equation
* the key to simplifying (reducing) a rational expression is factoring; cross-cancel any like factors among the numerator and denominator
* rational expression operations follow the same basic steps as operations with fractions
* the main method to solve a rational equation is using the cross-product; this is how we solve proportions
* percent problems can be solved using proportions or equations
Check Your Solutions