You can solve percent problems by proportions or equations. Both ways are good but of course you want to stick with the method you like the best. However you need to take the time to learn both methods. If your having problems with this method go back and review ratios and proportions.
Key concepts to remember:
* percents can always be expressed as a fraction
* percent = “some part”/100; example 35% = 35/100
* a proportion is two equal fractions
* use the cross-product to solve proportions
The problem below: what percent is 15 out of 75?
some key topics that involve solving percent by proportions:
* ratios and rates
* fractions and decimals
* rational expressions and equations