How Well Do You Understand Graphing Lines?
Here is a graphing linear equations test and key. Before you take the test let’s do a quick review of the basics of graphing linear equations.
Key concepts to keep in mind about graphing linear equations:
* linear equations are “line” equations
* y = mx + b is the most common form of a linear equation we want to graph
* the slope-intercept form is the form of a linear equation written as y = mx + b; the “m” is the slope and the “b” is the y-intercept
* the slope of a line is the rise over the run = the differences of the y’s/ the differences of the x’s
* x= a number is a vertical line and y= a number is a horizontal line
* a line with a positive slope will rise from left to right on a graph
* a line with a negative slope will fall from left to right on a graph
* the standard form of a line is Ax + By = C
Check Your Solutions