Here is an example of how to evaluate an absolute value expression. Remember to read the lesson on this topic before you try the problem. I will give you some basic steps so if you are having problems with parts of the problem go back and review. For example in this problem you may need to review order of operations of real numbers.
Ok here is the problem,
Evaluate The Absolute Value Expression:
Basic steps to follow:
1. Follow the order of operations
2. The absolute value of any number is positive
3. Write each step of the problem
How did you do? Did you get the problem correct?
Remember to follow the important habits to master math:
1. write out all steps
2. be very neat
3. use pencil not pen
4. review your work as your go
5. make sure you know the basics like fractions, positive and negative numbers and order of operations